The Grant High Booster Club is a 501c(3) non-profit organization made up of parent volunteers and led by a Boosters Board. The Boosters support Grant’s extracurricular student groups and help enable their success. We do this by raising funds and encouraging Grant supporters to donate their time, money, and expertise to assist our kids. Last year we invested in more than 50 GHS extracurricular groups and various projects.
Membership costs nothing and everyone who has a student at Grant is automatically a Grant Booster. However, we do ask that everyone consider making a $25 donation to the general operating budget of the Boosters and get involved in specific Booster efforts.
Provide structured and transparent support for Grant extracurricular programs; to benefit and involve ALL students, bridge resource gaps and build Grant community.
- To support student extracurricular activities
- To build community among students, staff, families, neighborhood, and alumni
- To ensure parental input into Grant directional decisions
- To facilitate and coordinate initiatives
- To provide an avenue for parent involvement
- Have a unique and positive Grant “Generals” identity
- Provide a sense of community amongst students, staff, neighbors, and alumni
- Create passion and involvement for Grant HS programs and events
- Be known for excellence in behavior, performance, and reputation
- Coordinate efficient and abundant support for all Grant extracurricular programs
- Provide opportunities and benefits to ALL Grant students
What about the money?
Who do we fund?
Last year Boosters raised money for over 50 different GHS extracurricular groups and various projects. Funding is based on involvement and participation in Boosters events and is decided upon by the Board on a case by case basis. Funding Request Forms are available online as a direct entry form or as a downloadable PDF. Printed forms can be turned in to the Boosters box in the main office at Grant or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
How do we raise money?
- Approximately 75% of the funds raised directly by the Booster Club come from the annual Grant Booster Auction. This year’s auction is scheduled for Saturday, March 4, 2017.
- Our new concession trailer and merchandise sales will add to our funding.
- We receive direct cash donations from individuals and businesses. Individuals can invest in Boosters via the annual GHS fee form or by making contributions online or in person. Gift-matching programs through our donor’s employers also fund our efforts.
How can you help?
Get Involved Attend a meeting (every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7pm in the school College and Career Center) to find out what’s going on and get connected.
Volunteer Help at the auction, the concession trailer, or fill a Booster position.
Attend the Grant Booster Auction Don’t miss the fun on Saturday, March 4th 2017 at the Greek Holy Trinity Church at 31st and NE Glisan!